How do I get started?
Welcome to BRD!
The BRD app connects directly to the cryptocurrency networks it supports. There are no accounts or usernames with the BRD app. Instead, you will have a "wallet" where you will store your money. It's just like the physical wallet you put your cash in, except that it exists only on the internet and holds digital money.
Follow these steps to get started:
- If this is your first time using the BRD app, simply choose Get Started to start.
- Tap Next twice.
- Create a 6 digit PIN and confirm this on the next page.
- If you are on an iOS device, you will see an option to turn iCloud Recovery Backup on the next page. Tap Continue after making your selection. You will see instructions to enable Keychain on your device. Tap the radio button below the instructions to proceed and then tap I have turned on iCloud Keychain.
- Make sure you read the important information on each page about the recovery phrase on the next pages and tap Continue.
- Tap Generate Recovery Phrase.
- The app shows you 12 different words in separate pages. This is your Recovery Phrase. Swipe left after writing down each word. If you need to review these, swipe back. Tap Done.
IMPORTANT: Make sure that you write the Recovery Phrase down in the correct order and keep it secure as this is the only way to restore your BRD wallet.
For more information about the Recovery Phrase, visit this page.
The app will ask you to confirm random words from your Recovery Phrase. Tap Confirm after entering the requested words.
Tap Go to Wallet. The wallets sync to the blockchain. Keep the app open and on the screen until syncing completes.
If you see a box asking you to enable Touch ID. This is optional. Tap on Dismiss if you would like to skip this step. You can enable this later via the app’s Security Center. Visit this page for more information on Touch ID.
NOTE: If you have used the BRD app before and would like to use the same wallet, choose Restore Wallet on the main page and prepare to enter the Recovery Phrase for the wallet you would like to restore.
Visit this page for help on recovering a wallet.